Interior Designer Full and Part-time
ID8 Design Studio seeks a talented Interior Designer to share in our passion for design and collaboration. We are an award winning entrepreneurial studio where we thrive on designing challenging spaces and an innovative approach. Our work includes projects within the Commercial and Residential realm, varying in size. This includes Single Family homes, renovations, interior design, Kitchen+bath design, Corporate, Hospitality, Retail, Wellness and Academic.
We are currently looking for an Interior Designer to work directly with the Principal and other staff. In this position, the Interior Designer will be responsible for:
- Creating finish presentations boards
- Researching products for furniture and finish options
- Construction Drawings & Details
To be considered for the position, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a professional interior design firm
- Residential and/or Commercial Design Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Design
- Computer expertise in AutoCAD and Sketchup. Revit optional.
Candidates should have the following skills:
- Strong design skills in all phases of design and production
- Ability to develop concepts for furnishings and generates or assists in furniture specifications package
- Demonstrated proficiency in space planning, contract documents (including detailing and specifications), and FF&E
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills to balance multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Illustrator and Photoshop
- Positive can do attitude
ID8 Design Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary based on experience. We offer benefits as well as excellent work – life balance. As a young or experienced designer this is the perfect opportunity to learn a lot and delve into a variety of project types through a hands on approach. No pigeon- holing or overworking here. We have an amazing opportunity to grow with a new firm!
Please note for all documents (resume, cover letter, and portfolio) the maximum files size is 5 MB.
Principal + Founder
Sashya Thind Fernandes